Have you ever wondered about the best brushing techniques for your teeth? We have answers for you.
Are you saying to yourself, “But I know how to brush my teeth? I’ve been brushing them since I was little, after all. Do I really need to read this?” And yes, it may seem like such a simple daily task, but it’s also an important one. Good oral hygiene starts with proper brushing.
The American Dental Association recommends the following when it comes to brushing your teeth:
- Place your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle in relation to your gums.
- Use short strokes to move the brush back and forth along your teeth.
- Brush all surfaces of your teeth. Be sure to brush the inside, the outside and the chewing surfaces.
- When it comes to brushing the inside surfaces of your teeth, you can tilt the brush vertically and make several brush strokes up and down.
- Also, be sure to brush your tongue to keep your breath fresh and to remove bacteria.
Sounds easy, right? Well, it is! Twice each day you’re going to follow these directions and brush your teeth. Good brushing techniques can lead to great mouth health!